If your child is now reading Ditties, see below for instructions on how you can teach them at home as well as the link to the Ditty sheets 1-28.
There are also daily videos we would like the children to watch to keep recapping and consolidating what sounds they have already learnt.
1. Use one Ditty sheet per day.
2. Go through the Set 1 Speed Sounds with your child - using either the desktop speed sounds chart from the pack, the Set 1 Slideshow or the green Set 1 sounds book.
3. Get your child to say the speed sounds on the top of the Ditty sheet.
4. Get your child to say each of the letter sounds and blend them together to say the green words.
5. Read the sentences with your child.
6. Read the 'Question to talk about' and record your child's answer. You may need to repeat the sentences again to give some clues.
7. Read the 'Hold a sentence' and repeat in different tones of voice with your child.
8. Write the sentence and encourage your child to copy it in their purple book or on a piece of paper. Remind them to start the sentence with a capital letter, use finger spaces and full stops.
9. Build a sentence using the word cards from your pack. Remind your child to still include a finger space and full stop. These word cards can be stuck in the purple book.
Please watch the following videos and continue to focus on the 'special friends' today, as well as continuing with your Ditty sheets: