We have been asked to share the following information:
Do you know anyone who is struggling to pay their energy bills due to low income, job losses, reduced pay or higher usage? Act on Energy, a local charity, provides FREE support to any resident living in Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Warwickshire and Worcestershire. Act on Energy offer:
• A specialist helpline for residents or professionals, offering support and advice on keeping warm and ways to help reduce your energy bills: 0800 988 2881
• Support with reading and understanding fuel bills, and discussing issues with energy supplier
• Support for accessing funding for emergency heating replacements (subject to eligibility)
• Home visits to support the most vulnerable households – these may be booked in for the future or carried out remotely
• Opportunities to strengthen the pathways between local support services and Act on Energy and to raise awareness with professionals and residents of the health implications of living in a cold and damp home.
They also offer free energy awareness sessions for professionals and community groups. For more details or to make a referral, telephone 0800 988 2881 or complete the Enquiry Form online https://actonenergy.org.uk/home/professionals/